Skip to main content

Seventeen- Highlight

The choreography video for this song came out yesterday, and I LOVE IT!! I adore that the performance team is able to really shine with this song. I know that many fans have been worried and upset over the lack of lines that the performance team gets, but this song really lets these get the recognition that they deserve. Personally, the performance team is my favorite, and I am very excited about this video.

First of all, I adore the suits!! <3 I know that seventeen also used suits and dress wear with NO F.U.N. (which is probably my favorite Seventeen song EVER!!), and I love that they decided to use dress wear again. All the boys look AMAZING!!! I love pinstripes suits in general, so I love The8's pinstripe suit the most. I also love Jun's hair, the blue is GREAT!! And of course my bias Hoshi looked perfect <3 and Dino looked amazing :).

As expected, the dancing was phenomenal. It provided the energy that Seventeen tends to use in their dancing, which is my favorite part of Seventeen's choreography. The way that the performance team works together is breathtaking and you can see the beautiful synchronicity and effortless teamwork. There was also a sort of elegance that the boys were able to show, which is probably due to how the song itself is more mellow than what Seventeen usually preforms to with their title tracks.

Talking about the song itself, I surprisingly enjoyed it. I'm usually not a fan of songs with a large amount of synth and electronic music breaks for dancing, but I kind of liked it with this song. Especially with the video, I was able to appreciate it more since I could see the dancing that, of course, worked perfectly with the instrumentals. My favorite part would probably be the part right before the dance breaks that The8 sings. It's really catchy and overall enjoyable. I also have to say that the part Jun sings in the bridge kind of reminds of me of VIXX's Error, especially with the background music. It's great that we are able to really hear the performance team's voices and hear them sing and rap. I really love their voices and I hope we can hear more of them in more of Seventeen's title tracks.

In general, Highlight is a great video and song. I fully enjoyed it and was sooo happy to see that the performance team was able to really shine. I hope that these boys will be able to showcase their talents more often in the future!! :)

By the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope everyone is able to enjoy the next year! :)


Oh yeah, here's the video for Highlight! :D Soo.... um... yeah...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...