Skip to main content

Dreamcatcher- Chase Me

I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed this song and video. I decided to watch it after it repeatedly appeared on my suggestions, and I was really happy with it. I don't know the group that well and I believe that they are a new girl group, and that Chase Me is their debut song. If it is, then that was an amazing way to debut.

The video itself was entertaining and intriguing. I love the concept of the girls haunting the main guy, in the hotel and him trying to find out why. The saturation in the video I didn't enjoy as much, but it did add to the whole supernatural theme going on. The cliffhanger at the end with the "to be continued" helped add to the intrigue and made me happy with the possible continuation of the story. it also made me look forward to their next song in the future.

The dance was probably one of the better dances that I've seen for girl groups. It contained many fast, bold and exact movements that you would tend to see in boy bands rather than a girl group. I was actually pretty surprised how exact the dance movements were. Overall an amazing dance and I wish that more girl groups would go with such a bold and strong dance routine rather a "sexy" or "cute" concept.

The music is really great and the song probably is my favorite for the songs that came out so far this year. I love the rock concept in the music with the guitars and drums, a concept that tended to be strayed with the synthesized sounds that have become popular. I love the fact that these girls went back to these instruments instead of using synthesized sounds. In addition, these girls vocals were really strong and all their ranges for sounds were really nice. there was a good variety of low and high notes, which is something I really appreciate.

Overall this was a really successful debut, in my opinion at least. Their dancing and vocals are at an amazing level, and I appreciate their concept and skills. I hope that this group continues to come out with such good content. Below I put their original mv and their choreography mv. Soo... umm... yeah...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...