Skip to main content

Astro- Baby

For those who might know, Astro is a somewhat new group under Fantagio that debuted in 2016. I have been fans of theirs since I watched To Be Continued, which is available on Netflix. 😉 (Check it out!) Sanha has to be my bias 💛, but Moon Bin is such a bias wrecker. 😖

I LOVE this song! It continues their fresh, sweet, and fun concept that they have kept since debut. However, this is less cutesy and right up my alley. It's smooth but still bright, which is absolutely perfect. It has that certain funk to it that is irresistible and insanely catchy. The reoccurring beat is sooo catchy and is great. The electric guitar at 2:43 is EPIC!! I'd have to say though that the ending has to be my favorite part. That beautiful harmony hits the spot, and is perfection. But, Sanha singing the 2nd chorus was really great as well (I really love his voice 💛)

One thing I love about this video is how it's filmed in first person so it feels as if you are truly experiencing what's happening in the video. I also love how they gave each of the boys a color and gave them a description in the menu, which is

Red (Moon Bin)- energy, passion, warm, love
Orange (MJ)- cheerful, lively, jolly
Yellow (Sanha 💛)- hopeful, happy, delight, joyful (get why I'm using yellow hearts?)
Green (Jin Jin)- youth, healing power
Light Blue (Eunwoo)- Sorry I couldn't see below green 😓
Dark Blue (Rocky)-                        ''

Another part I really liked is that they used those colors in the individual rooms (and the symbols the colors were shown with). I also enjoyed how each room has a different theme.

Red (Moon Bin)- kitchen, cooking
Orange (MJ)- outside 
Yellow (Sanha 💛)- bedroom
Green (Jin Jin)- sports
Light Blue (Eunwoo)- bathroom?
Dark Blue (Rocky)- boxing or dance

Can I just say that Moon Bin acting like it's ok to blend popcorn at 2:12 had me dying because no, it's not ok to blend popcorn, but it was really cute and humorous. I also appreciated how they continued the soda theme from Breathless.

The choreography is crisp and spot on, in which we can't fully appreciate without the choreography video, which Fantagio kindly provided. The introduction dance is on point! My favorite part has to be at 3:08, it looks amazing and is kind of cute. The set they use for the video as well is absolutely gorgeous with that ceiling.

Anyway, I love Astro's comeback song, and it's probably their best song yet. I hope that you guys check out this group because they are amazing. I adore their fresh and sweet concept. I provided both the music video and choreography video for this song below, please check it out! Soo.... umm... yeah...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...