Skip to main content

EXO-CBX- Hey Mama!

I've been looking forward to this sub-group's debut since their promotional video. I was not let down by their debut. Hey Mama! is fun and catchy, definitely something I love to watch. I'm so excited my bias, Baekhyun, is able to showcase his abilities even more, that Xiumin is able to show us just how great he is, and being able to hear Chen's voice even more. I find this combination to be interesting and I feel that the song fits well with the personalities that these guys show us. I love watching this video due to how fun it is.

The song is funky and catchy. It has a nice guitar part with drums, which I really love. The "rap" part sort of confuses me since everyone in the group is a vocal in EXO, but it's fun to see them try different things. The rest of the music is basically vocals, which these guys rock at. Their ability to do harmonies and have different parts to fill in otherwise empty areas are great.

I feel that the parts could be divided more equally, mainly to give more parts to Xiumin. It appears that Baekhyun gets the most amount of parts and is focused more in this video than any other member, even though Chen is the main love interest for the girl in the video. Baekhyun tends to take the center when they dance, has more close ups, wears a pinstripe suit (which I LOVE!!) when the other two wear solid colored suits, and wears a completely different outfit when the other two wear vests and and glasses. I love Baekhyun, but I do believe that the parts should be split evenly.

The dance is fantastic! It ends flow to it with sharp parts and the dance in the chorus is great! I honestly couldn't believe that they dabbed. I didn't think that dabbing would actually be used in a Kpop video. But anyway the dance is very good and entertaining to watch, and I hope a dance version or a dance practice is released for this video. There's only one problem that I have with this dance and that's at the very end when the guys have their hands behind their back. Each member has their hands placed differently, which kind of bugs me, but other than that the dance is great and entertaining.

Anyway, I can't wait to listen to the rest of the album, and hopefully the rest of the songs are as fun and easy to listen to as this one. I also will be waiting for their performance on a music show so I can see more of this great dance. This is a great song that I can listen to on repeat to no end, and I hope that it does well, but hopefully it won't interfere with SHINee's comeback. I hope EXO-CBX does well and that this group and their debut song receives a lot of love. I put the video below for anyone that wants to see it. So.. um.. yeah....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...