Skip to main content

Black Pink Comeback

First things first, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! 


I hope you guys enjoy your Halloween!! <3 This is literally my favorite holiday and I'm so upset I can't go out with my friends because I have class TT.TT!!

Anyway Black Pink came out with two new songs for Square Two. Compared to Square One, I prefer Square One. I'm not a huge fan of the song Stay and Playing with Fire was just alright in my opinion. Boombayah and Whistle were much more entertaining to watch and easier for me to listen to. 

For Stay, I was sort of bored by the lack of dancing. I understand that it's more of a ballad, but at least showing the girls singing as a group would be satisfactory. For the most part the video did not include lip-syncing, but I did notice that Jenny did lip-sync and I must say she didn't do a good job. Don't get me wrong Jenny is my bias in this group and I know they are supposed to be sad and discouraged, but the lip-syncing just wasn't good. The video itself was kind of interesting. It had these weird quotes in the sets like, "Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens", "You owe me, look what happens with a love", and "Dance with me, I wish you were here". I don't really understand the ending with the people in white standing on the set and then disappearing. One thing I did enjoy about the song was that thy used actual instruments like guitars, harmonicas?, and violins and not that synthesizer stuff. However, I felt that the chorus and rap part didn't really fit with the rest of the song, which really ruined the song for me. I might grow to actually like this song later on, if I listen to it more, but I'm not a big fan of it right now. Here's the video below for those who want to see it. 


Playing with Fire I liked better, but I still don't like it as much the songs that Black Pink with Square One. For starters, I absolutely adore the piano riff at the beginning, and Jenny's singing part in the beginning was great I love how she sings in a lower range than other girls in the kpop industry. I found it interesting that Lisa was the one who did the entirety of the rap section. It was sort of interesting to see that Jenny was portrayed as a lead vocal(or main vocal, I don't really know the difference) in this song when in the other three songs she is portrayed mainly as one of their rappers and vocals. I also think that the line distribution was also, for lack of a better term, interesting. I felt like Jenny and Lisa got more parts than Jisoo and Rosé. In the beginning the line distibution was pretty equal, but after the first chorus, Lisa got the entirety of the rap section and Jenny got two more parts while Jisoo and Rosé got a part each. But I do believe that Lisa and Jenny both did a great job on their parts. 

I have to say that the clothing for the dance section is just bad. There's way to many patterns and colors. I loathe the shirts that Lisa, Rosé, and Jenny are wearing. I can kind of stand the dress that Jisoo wears since the colors aren't too loud and neither is the pattern. Plus, I adore both of the hairstyles that she has in the video, the red hair in the dancing section and the black hair with red highlights that she has through the rest of the video. Here's the video if you want to see it.


Anyway, there are both positive and negative aspects to Black Pink's new songs. I hope that Black Pink returns back to the style of music that the made with Square One when creating future albums. These are my honest opinions on Black Pink's new songs and I hope that you realize when you are reading this that I'm not trying to bash Black Pink, but that I am just stating my honest opinions on their songs. However, I do hope that Black Pink is able receive a lot of love for their new songs. So.. um... yeah...

Oh, and again I hope you all have a great Halloween!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...