Skip to main content

Taemin- Press Your Number

Ok, so the music video for this came out a couple of days ago, and as you guys may know from my last post, I was really excited about it. I'm honestly a little disappointed by the music video. I looked about the lyrics for the song and the English translation of them, and I found that they weren't really related to the video.

The music video made me feel like Taemin was trying too hard to be the "bad boy" type. Robbing a store, making secret transactions, kidnapping, almost getting arrested, etc. I believe the story was that Taemin and his friends rob a convenience store, and start enjoying the money and stuff. Maybe the worker turned them in or something, but they get caught and arrested, except Taemin. the rest I don't really get. I found some scenes a little disturbing, such as the whole kidnapping part, but yeah, it's my personal opinion. One scene that also really bugs me, it's not disturbing or anything, but it's just so unrealistic, was the robbing scene. There is no way in hell (mind my language, if you consider this a bad word) that he wouldn't get arrested right away with how he was doing that robbery.

The dancing sequences were, by far, my favorite part of the video. Every time I see Taemin dance I just get speechless. He's just soo overwhelmingly good at dancing that I can't even. I could watch him dance ALL DAY LONG. I also love the camera movement during the dance sequences. If you really want to look at this, just go to the bridge of the song and you'll see the AMAZING camera work for the dance sequences.

Throughout the entire video, Taemin wore sooo many different outfits and some of them really caught my attention. The outfit he wore to rob the store was nice and simple, just something you'd usually wear. I LOVE the leather jacket in this outfit. The maroon suit also caught my attention. I LOVE the color of this suit, but I don't like the frills. The outfit he wore with the flannel, beanie and jeans I also really like for it was simple, normal clothes, that just look good.

The song itself is alright. Personally, I prefer Drip Drop. I'm not a big fan of the verses, but I really LOVE the chorus and bridge. I really think that the bridge and chorus are exquisite and make this song. It's really catchy and I really love it. The background music is also great and the harmonies are fantastic. The ending of the song was PERFECT.

I also watched the performance video of Press Your Number, and I very much preferred that to the music video. His dance was just sooo great. Like Drip Drop, I absolutely LOVED him dancing in the outside, it really just added sooo much to the video. The dancing, of course, was perfect. There's one dance move he does that I kind of laugh at, I don't know why, it's like the hip thrust on the ground? I can't really describe it. The camera work, like the dancing parts in the music video, were GREAT! It adds a lot to the video. However, his outfit i didn't really like. The long sleeved, collar shirt with the black turtleneck and loose black pants, not exactly attractive. Anyway, when I saw that it was Performance Video Ver. 1, I freaked out, because that means there is going to be ANOTHER! I'm honestly sooo excited for the next performance video to come out.

So, umm, please comment your thoughts on the video. I would really love some clarification on the story in this video, so if someone could comment that, I'd be forever grateful. If you would like to watch the video again, I put it below. So.. yeah


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...