Skip to main content

The Unit- No Way

Ok, so I know I usually review new music videos, but I was thinking of doing a new thing where I talk about songs that I think are underrated. I plan on including songs that are not the title track of their album, songs from groups that I think are not really talked about, and songs like No Way that didn't win on survival shows. Now, onto No Way.

Personally, this was my favorite song from the Unit. I honestly continue to listen to this song religiously. What really moves me about the song is like emotion that I get from it. I feel like everyone really poured their heart into this performance. The vocals are just so powerful and emotional for me and I didn't really get this feeling from the other performances. This is probably because all of the other songs had more hype, cute, tough, or cool concepts, while this one was definitely more emotional and angsty.

I really think that the guys in this group really did a good job with this song, and it makes me kind of upset that they got last place. First off, this song was perfect for this group's vocals, and the range that they had. Kanto and Suwoong were able to hit those low notes, Timoteo in the middle, and Jeup and Taeho with those high notes creating these gorgeous harmonies in the end of the song. Also throughout the song, all of their vocals really shined. What I found really interesting (and I LOVED) was that all of their voices are really distinct and you can tell who is singing each part. Overall, the unique voices and varying vocal ranges was something that this song was able to provide which made it absolutely fantastic, and my personal favorite.

So, why did such an amazing performance get such a low ranking. Personally I think it is because they had the least amount of members and many of them weren't really high ranked. Like if you look, no one in this group made it into UNB, (which I'm kind of salty about because I REALLY wanted Jeup to get in. He was my favorite person in the competition.) Thus, I think that despite a spectacular performance this song was ranked lower than the others due to the lack of number and popularity of the members. For me, it makes me kind of disappointed because these guys are so talented and just, like, delivered with this performance.

Anyway, I heavily recommend this song. I put it below, so please check it out. I swear it's amazing and definitely worth the 3:55 minutes it takes to watch. So... um... yeah...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...