Skip to main content

Let's SHUT UP & DANCE

So, this is a collaboration that I never knew I wanted. Like, no joke, I was joking with my friends yesterday how Jason Derulo used to sing "Jason Derulo" at the beginning of each of songs, and how we didn't know what the hell he was doing now. Now, he appears out of fucking nowhere. I also saw an old picture of Lay and Luhan and was thinking how much I missed them, and here's Lay answering my prayers 💗 Also, who would've thought that there would be a collaboration with Lay, NCT 127, and Jason Derulo, like not me.

So, the song. I like it. The beginning with the brass?, then the bass drum and guitar? (idk I'm getting very rusty), was great. I love that they continue to use them. Like the chorus, on point. Can I just say someone needs to make one of these videos where every time someone says "show me some", it speeds up because they honestly said it so much.

As you can tell from the title of song, dancing is big in this video. And let me just say, the dancing be great. I loved seeing all the other random people dancing their own styles and then seeing Lay, Jason Derulo, and NCT 127 dancing. Can I just say though at 1:04, Jason Derulo holding the wall stomping legit made me laugh. I think this video really was able to showcase everyone's dancing. Like Lay, slayed. I think people forget that he, along with Kai, is the main dancer for EXO. He truly is an amazing dancer and it was great to see it after all this time. NCT 127, of course, looked great. I think them dancing at the bridge was able to show their own style of dance as well as their ability to synchronize in the other parts. Derulo was also able to hold his ground. I think he really showed his talents near the end of the video with that fancy ass footwork at 3:14 and that pirouette? at 2:30 and 2:33.

Overall, cool video. It was really great to Jason Derulo for me, since I remember listening to him back in 2010 when he sang his name in the beginning of his songs. I am also sooooo happy to see Lay!!! I missed him sooo much the past couple of EXO comebacks he wasn't able to be in. And, of course, NCT 127 made a great addition to this video as well. So... um... yeah...


P.S. Just counted and they said "show me some" 40 times, which might be a little be off because sometimes they said it under a riff or something so like, don't shoot me if I'm off. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...