Skip to main content

Red Velvet- Red Flavor

I was really excited to see Red Velvet come out with a new song, especially since they are one of my favorite girl groups (one less since Sistar disbanded 😢). I was a little scared though since I didn't really like Rookie that much, and I was hoping they won't continue on where they were going with Rookie. Thankfully, I like the song a lot more than Rookie

I really enjoyed the song and video, and it had the bright, fun feeling typical of Red Velvet. The song really highlighted the girls voices with the minimal background music. Throughout the song, there were a lot of parts where there was only a rhythm section in the background, which really had the vocals stand out. I really love how that was done in the song, since Red Velvet has really solid vocals and are great with harmonies and blending. I really enjoyed the song and the vocals were really good, despite it being a very fun pop song. However, I didn't really like the ending. I love Wendy, she's my bias member and she sings beautifully, but I didn't really find the ending to fit well with the rest of the song.

The video was very fun, as usual. It really brought me back to their debut of Happiness. I love the different sets and the sort of interview, tv thing they had going on. I love how each of the members had a fruit associated with them, and they were used throughout the video. I also love how they continue to use the colors associated with the members since debut.

Irene- Pink Watermelon
Yeri- Purple Grape
Joy- Green Kiwi
Seulgi- Yellow Pineapple
Wendy- Blue Orange

Overall, I really enjoyed the song and video. It was very fun, just as you would expect and want from Red Velvet, and was perfect for summer. I really hope that Red Velvet continues to produce music like this, which I really enjoy. Soo... umm... yeah...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...