Skip to main content

Infinite- That Summer

Infinite is back with their new single, "That Summer". I was waiting for Infinite to make a comeback this year, and THEY FINALLY DID! I was super excited for this song after seeing their teaser. The song is sweet and fun, and it definitely gives off that summer vibe.

I was extremely impressed by the singing of the members in this song. When Myungsoo came in at first I couldn't recognize his voice at all until the end of his line. I was pleasantly surprised by this new singing style that he's doing, and I think he sounds really good. I was also surprised by Hoya's and Dongwoo's voices as well, when they were singing. It was really good and I was, again pleasantly surprised, especially by Dongwoo's voice. Sungjong's voice is also a lot better. I like the lower tones he was using instead of the higher ones he's usually given. Sungyeol's voice was also really nice, and, of course, Sunggyu's and Woohyun's voices are great.

I absolutely love the harmonies that they use in the song, especially in the chorus. It's a good blend of all seven voice and no one person sticks out, making it a perfect harmony. I also love the little harmonies that are added during the rapping parts. It adds another layer of sound which really adds more interest to those parts and blends them in well with the rest of the song. The bridge also has really nice harmonies as well. It perfectly blended, like the chorus.

The instrumentals for this song adds a refreshing and sweet tone. There's no synths or dubstep that invades the song, which makes the song so refreshing. There's guitar and drums, which is nice and simple. The instrumentals nicely highlight the voices of Infinite, which really makes the song.

The video itself, I found to be very cute and fitting of the song. it is a simple and sweet video. It shows the members singing and doing fun "summery" things. My favorite scenes in the video is probably when they're all singing on the stage at nighttime, with the all the instruments behind them. It gives off a sort of warm summer barbecue feeling, where it's just a few people hanging out, singing and eating.


I also love the scenes where they have the members hanging out together. They had Dongwoo with Myungsoo, Hoya with Sungyeol, and Sungjong with Sunggyu and Woohyun. I loved all the cute little things they did in those scenes. When they showed Myungsoo's part in the second verse, I could've died of cuteness. It's this part in particular.


Anyway, I love this song they released and the video is adorable. I can't wait for their concert, except I can't go -.-. Though, I am looking forward to fancams of it, so hopefully I can see some of it. So.. um... yeah..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...