Skip to main content

FTISLAND- Take Me Now

This song is EPIC!!! I've been FTISLAND's for awhile now, and I love the direction that they have been going in since Pray. Pray definitely had a more rock and roll vibe to it, which I totally love, and I'm pleased that they are continuing on that rock and roll track. I love their old music, but I honestly believe that their new songs are just so much better and that have risen to a whole new level. Their music has evolved beautifully and I'm impressed with this song.

The video itself was pretty artsy and interesting to watch. The beginning of the video kind of gave me a shock. All the glitching and static sounds made me think that there was something wrong with my computer or my headphones. However, I was relieved that it was neither and it was all just the editing of the video. I love the lighting that they used during the video. the use of the different lightings, like the florescent lighting, red lighting, and the darker more natural lighting of the fire. It added variety and interest to video. The glitched throughout the video, like the white flashes and just plain glitches, I found kind of annoying. At the start of the song, the frame changes at the beginning of the song, before the vocals, were very fitting and they matched the music. Those changes I accepted. however the white glitches didn't really fit in and were a constant part of the video, that were frustrating.

I'm surprised by the large amount of English that they have in their lyrics in this song. I looked up the lyrics after watching the video and I found that a majority of the lyrics were English. It was kind of cool to have FTISLAND sing in mostly English, but I kind of wished that they sang in mainly Korean. Some of the pronunciation I found a bit awkward and I honestly think it with Korean lyrics, though I do find their attempt to be spectacular.

The instrumentals in the song was better than I ever heard FTISLAND play. The guitar riffs between vocal parts were phenomenal, but in general the guitar parts are really good. The drum part during the verses also added a nice, natural glitch-like sound. The blending were also really great and I totally love the full sound that they were making.

In general, this is my favorite song that FTISLAND has released thus far. I'm really looking forward to their album, Where's the Truth?. I read on other websites that the whole album is a direct response to rumors and I find that really interesting. Anyway, I hope that FTISLAND continues to make such amazing music in the future and I honestly can't wait to see what they come out with next. So.. um... yeah...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...