Skip to main content

Red Velvet- One of These Nights

I saw the preview a couple of days ago and was really looking forward to this video. So far I have loved all of Red Velvet's bright and fun songs like Happiness, Ice Cream Cake, and Dumb Dumb. Even though, I would have preferred one of those types of videos, I still liked this video. I loved the constantly changing scenes that Red Velvet tend to have. It definitely made the video interesting and just a bit quirky.

The first thing I noticed in this video, was Wendy's bright red hair. I didn't like it with the first hairstyle that they showed, but I loved it with the others. I also really love Seulgi's hair, I absolutely adore the color. I also enjoyed Joy's hair cut. I loved her hair before, but I actually thinks she looks more mature with this hair and she looks really looks good in it. I also loved the thick curls Irene had in the video. The curls in the high ponytail looked PERFECT on her. I believe that I saw Yeri with blond hair with pink tips. I also really think that was really pretty as well.

Talking about Yeri, I was disappointed by the lack of her in the video. I looked up the color coded lyrics for this song and found that she barely had any lines, 3 solo lines to be exact. I am also upset about the lack of Irene as well, since she also had only 3 solo lines, and was barely shown in the video.

Even though there was a lack of Yeri and Irene, I liked the song. It was very smooth and was nice and simple. I really loved the blending of their voices with melodies and harmonies. It definitely made the song so much more interesting with these harmonies.  I also LOVED that Wendy had so many lines. Wendy is my bias in this group and I love her voice a ton, so I was pleased that I could hear her voice so much in this song. I especially loved her singing in the bridge. It was absolutely PERFECT. Seulgi also did a FANTASTIC job. I love both of their voices, but I do wish that the other girls, Irene and Yeri especially, would have more parts. Here's the proof of how little parts they have and how great Wendy's and Seulgi's voices are.


The background music for this song was also on point. The strings in the beginning was beautiful and told helped you get into the mood. The piano by itself in the first verse was definitely helped the ballad and have the girls' voices stand out. I wasn't exactly a fan of the music when they go "Uri dasi manna", but it's growing on me. The bass part is just perfect throughout the song and adds so much. It really sticks out to me in the line right before the second verse, and it is just SOO AWESOME. I literally listen to that line over and over again. The vocal harmonies, the harmonies in general *swoons* ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. The part right before "Uri dasi manna" is also FANTASTIC. The piano part is fantastic and so is the melody. The music during the bridge is absolutely beautiful. The build for the final chorus is GREAT. The vocal harmonies and instrumental harmonies throughout the song is just FANTASTIC and completely makes the song absolutely PHENOMENAL.

In contrast to the music, I wasn't a huge fan of the outfits in this video. I liked all of Seulgi's outfits though. The white she wore at first was gorgeous. At first I was questionable but when I saw her wear it on the balcony I liked the dress. The grey dress she wore I also really liked, since it made me think of lolita style clothing. The dress she wore in the second verse was my favorite in the entire video. It really was such a cute dress, and I really want it. I would've liked Wendy's outfits as well if wasn't for the weird flares on her skirts. Irene's outfit during the final chorus was also SO CUTE. I wasn't a huge fan of Joy's clothing during this video. It just isn't my style. I really couldn't tell exactly what Yeri's pink dress looks like, since I don't believe that she stood up in that dress.

Overall, I enjoyed both the video and song in this video, but again I want more equal parts. I'm looking forward to the rest of the album, which I will be listening to ASAP. I definitely want to hear the other 3 versions of the song that they have in the album. I also that the other songs INCLUDE YERI AND IRENE MORE!! I really want to see the dance to this song, if there is one (there probably is). I really hope that at least in the dance, Yeri and Irene will be able to have more of a part.

So.. um.. yeah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...