Skip to main content

Aya Shouoto

If any of you don't know Aya Shouto is a mangaka that made the series SLH, Barajou no Kiss, Super Darling, etc. If you haven't read any of her work, I highly recommend that you do. What I love most about her mangas is the art. The first manga I read that she made was Super Darling. I immediately fell in love with the art and I went to go look for more of her stuff, since Super Darling was not finished at the time. I then read Barajou no Kiss and I totally loved it. There was just enough romance, action, and humor in it to satisfy my reading needs. The art, of course, was phenomenal. After completing Barajou no Kiss, I moved on to SLH and I totally fell in love Uegaito Miki.


How can you not love whose cute ears on his head <3, btw Uegaito is the guy.

Recently I've been reading He's My Only Vampire and Demon Prince of the Momochi House. Of the two I prefer Demon prince of the Momochi House. I tend to find the story a bit more appealing and the characters more lovable than in He's My Only Vampire. If I had to rank those 5 mangas I would put it like this.

5. He's My Only Vampire
I read this manga just for the sake of reading Shouoto's work, but I wasn't too fond of the story. The whole vampire thing and how it's connected in the past and all the other bs, was.....  bs. I didn't like how dark and gloomy it was, plus I'm not much of a fan of vampires and stuff. So yeah... least favorite.














4. Super Darling
Ok, so I loved the beginning of the story and all of the cute school activities that the 5 go through. What really killed the manga though, was the ending. It was sort of messy and I didn't really like it. And another thing that bothered me was the whole, like everyone dies if you don't choose someone and when you do, then everyone else dies, bla bla blah. But I really loved the whole light and fun part of the book, like the whole game they played that was kind of like capture the flag and tag.








This is where it gets really hard for me. :(


3. Barajou no Kiss
I really like the story for this one and I was honestly hooked on it. The main reason it was ranked 3 was basically because I liked the other ones just a bit more. What kind of put me off was Anis's relationship with her father. The relationship was quite unclear for me, since it started off as a decent, normal relationship that moved to an overly protective relationship that moved to an abusive relationship to one that's having the father trying to kill Anis, and I was just like WTF! So anyway that was mainly why. But Anis's relationship with Kaede was great, I basically lived on it. Plus Tenjoh Mitsuru reminded a ton of Tamaki and I LOVED IT.








2. Stray Love Hearts
Ok, so I loved this story mainly for how great it would be as an otome game. Like I would totally go for the Miki route. I honestly loved the whole tea party that they had. The manga as a whole was totally CUTE. I was again not fond of the whole main problem, but it wasn't that bad honestly. Someone stole her heart, literally, and she has to figure out who it is. Really not that bad.I also wasn't totally fond of the solution to the problem, but again not that bad. LOVED THE CHARCTERS! All so cute!










And in First Place!!!!

1. Demon Prince of Momochi House
So I haven't finished yet since it's not finished yet. I totally LOVE it though. The characters are just SOOO lovable, especially Aoi and Zushi. I love how the characters go through these serious issues, but in a light manner. Not too serious, but still including action and the tiniest bit of drama. Really fantastic so far. Love the supernatural part with all the different types of demons, especially the Ayakashi, SOO CUTE. I honestly believe that this is Shouoto's best one yet.











So yeah, I'm a huge fan of Shouto's work and I totally love reading her mangas. I can't wait for new volumes of Demon Prince and I think I might reread SLH, Super Daring, and Barajou no Kiss. Anyway if you're reading it please comment your favorite Aya Shouoto work or just any mangaka that you really like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...