Skip to main content

SHINee- Marry You

 Y'all. I'm at a loss of words. I'm so goddamn psyched for this comeback on February 22. When looking up this song I saw a Reddit post about it and there was a comment that said that after all these years SHINee never disappoints and I could not agree more. Any expectations I have for them, they consistently exceed them. These guys keep on coming out with absolute bops. Of course, Marry You is no exception. 

I think what really makes this song so good is that it is so vocally driven. The backing track, for the most part, is pretty simple. The first verse literally just has the synth and a single cymbal hit. It builds with the added rhythmic hits during Taemin's section. This building continues throughout the song where each verse brings another layer to the background music. Kind of unrelated, but I love that bass part. I usually don't have my audio settings set on bass heavy, but I might make an exception for this song because I adore the bass part. It's not really that special, because it really just follows the same melody as the rest of the backing track for the most part but I still am kind of obsessed with it. But back to the point that I was clearly losing track of, is that the backing track is relatively simple which really makes SHINee's voices truly shine. 

Maybe my favorite thing about SHINee is just how amazing their voices are. Each member has a very distinct voice like I can easily recognize and distinguish their voices from each other, and that's not just because I am fan. Any person would easily be able to do that. That being said, when they song all together they are able to perfectly harmonize and it is just such amazing sound. They are such proficient vocalists, so every guy is holding their own weight. This makes it so you can hear every single person's voice but no one voice sticks out creating a perfect chorus. 

This wouldn't be a post on my blog if I did not absolutely lose my mind over Onew. Homeboy delivered with this song. I have missed his voice so much. Of course, I have been listening to SHINee's old tracks all the time but there is something different about hearing him sing a new song. My favorite part of this entire song is hands down Onew's high note in the bridge (and all of his adlibs). Like whatever god blessed me with that amazing part,  I am willing to create a shrine and pray to it everyday because I am so thankful that this is in my life.

Now the rapping parts. I'm not gonna lie, SHINee are not really rappers as I continuously poke fun at "Dibidibidis My name is Minho" (Unrelated but every time I listen to Saturday's D.B.D.B.DIB, I immediately think of that). They definitely have a more melodic style of rap that really just fits their overall sound, including this song. Let's be real, if it was hardcore rap in the middle of this song it would be really jarring. So, yeah I like the raps. I think that Key and Minho did fantastic. I saw many comments talk about the little mentions towards their other songs, which I absolutely love because they are like little Easter eggs. 

I was only going to talk about the song itself, but these outfits are stunning. Like they seem so simple but they still are able to really fit each person's style. Of course, how can I not start with Key. He's rocking the all red outfit. His jacket is literally sparkling and he's totally pulling off the Peter Pan collar and beret, like I wish I could that. Next Minho's outfit. Homeboy's wearing 3 layers. He has the stunning black and white blazer with a white button down (with a striped texture?) and white turtleneck. Can I just say that I need that turtleneck. I cannot find a nice white turtleneck that isn't see through for the life of me. Then there's Taemin's outfit which is definitely my favorite. He's got an all white ensemble with this stunning white frilly turtleneck sticking out of the top of the jacket with what I believe is a white and silver chunky choker-esque necklace? And of course my boi Onew wearing a black and white tartan blazer with this white tie neck shirt, which I am living for. One thing that really stood out to me was their hair, particularly Onew's and Key's since Minho's and Taemin's look like they usually do. Onew's got blond hair now and I love it. And Key's long hair is amazing. He definitely got extensions because there's no way in hell his hair grew back that fast, but he looks fantastic 

Ok, so, in conclusion, am I obsessed? For sure. I am probably going to be listening to this song on repeat until the rest of the album is released on February 22. I am beyond psyched for this album. It's been almost 3 years and I cannot wait for this. This is definitely what I need right now, and I will always be thankful to SHINee for just always making my day better. So... um... yeah...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...