Skip to main content

LOOΠΔ's Kim Lip- Eclipse

So, LOOΠΔ released May's girl, Kim Lip. When I heard that she was had a different concept than the other girls, where it would be more sexy rather than cute, I was ecstatic. I thought that she would be a rapper, which LOOΠΔ doesn't have a lot of, but she turned out to be another vocal. Yeah, I've been anticipating a rapper since Yeojin was announced, but none haven't been released :(. (I'm not including Jinsoul since she hasn't released a song yet.) Even though I'm disappointed that Kim Lip isn't a rapper, I am not disappointed by her song.

At first I wasn't too sure if I'd like it or not with the opening and the first the verse, but as soon as the chorus hit, I was hooked. I love her voice is deeper than the other girls, which I think overall would a lot to LOOΠΔ when they debut as OT12. Vocal wise, I would have to say I like Kim-Lip the best. I also love how the song itself picks up well, and there are no really anti-climatic parts. Normally I'm not a big fan of synthetic music, but I really enjoyed it in this song, especially the bass parts.

The video itself was also really great. I love the constantly moving camera and various camera angles, which really made the video itself more interesting to watch than just a regular choreography. My favorite section was definitely where she's dancing in the middle of the rotunda with the circling camera and the costume changes. The outfit I like the best would be the one shown at 1:30. I also adore the dancing it's very feminine and sexy, and just overall very entertaining to watch. And the color scheme for the video was perfect. The monochromatic black and white, made the red really stand out and was just perfect for the video.

Overall, I am very happy with Kim Lip's debut? (I'm not really sure what it's considered). The song was great, and looking forward to more songs of this type released by LOOΠΔ, which BlockBerry Creative says that they are going to release with the next few girls. (Hopefully including Jinsoul) And I noticed in the beginning of the video that the LOOΠΔ goes with a black background now, instead of the white, which probably signals the new style LOOΠΔ is going to work with. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the June girl, (hopefully it's Jinsoul) and MORE RAPPERS from LOOΠΔ. Btw the description for this video is great! Please read it. Sooo... umm... yeah...


A/N: Sorry for the hiatus! April and May were just hell with all the tests and projects. I really wanted to write about the many groups that came out, but I was never able to. :( Anyway, I promise that I will update more now that all of those projects and tests are done, and things are slowing down now. I'm hoping to upload a new kdrama or anime post, since I don't have many of those, so please look forward to it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...