Skip to main content

NCT Dream- Chewing Gum

Ok, so, another sub group of NCT, NCT Dream, came out Chewing Gum. This might be favorite single that NCT came out with. It's so bright, fun, and cute. Every time I see the video I break out into a smile. The story is pretty lighthearted, and it's very entertaining to watch. I absolutely love the bright colors that they use throughout the video. It really adds to the group's cute and bright theme.

I found the video quite interesting to watch. They had a variety of different sets, including the ones made by the computer, and all of them were of bright colors. I also enjoyed the electronic made backgrounds for when the members had the closeups. Each person had a different animated background, so it was interesting to see what was behind them. I also kind of funny that they were using those hoverboard-thingies. (I have no idea what they're called, but I think it's a hoverboard?)

The song is quite catchy, and I could probably listen to it over and over again for hours. The chorus is catchy and is pleasant on the ears. The background music is very simple and really emphasizes the voices of the members, which I find really great for these guys' debut.  There's a definite bass line with some guitar and some synthesizer, but I think that was basically it.

The members are soo adorable. I was smiling throughout the video because of their cuteness. One thing I found interesting though was that Mark is in all three of the NCT groups that have debuted. I also found it interesting that the members were all around my age. Strangely, it makes me feel kind of old, and kind of useless. These boys have a career already, while I've been doing nothing with my life. TT.TT My bias would have to be Jisung. I find him to be really cute and I admire his dancing skills to be quite impressive, especially for his age. Maybe I just have a thing for maknaes of just shota types in general.

So, I really enjoyed NCT Dream's debut song. I can't wait for their music show performance as well as a dance practice, if SM releases one. I can't wait to listen to their album as well. I hope that these young boys can receive a lot of love, which they probably will since their from a large company, but still, I love their debut. I can't wait for whatever NCT Dream does during their promotion period and what works they'll come out with in later dates. So.. um... yeah...


Comments

  1. AHHHH NCT DREAM! Actually, they're so cool when they perform this song on stage while on hoverboards. They could even dancr growl with hoverboards. Plus, they're almost the same age as me??? Most of the time, I would stan groups 5 to 9 yeats older than me. So it feels kinda weird that they have already achieved a lot when we are almost at the same age ㅠㅠ but still, the song and mv was indeed cute and catchy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I just get really nervous when seeing them dance on them, especially Jaemin doing that ballerina twirl. I am so impressed with their ability to use the hoverboards.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Produce X 101- Final Ranking

So, I was actually able to watch the entire finale. I'm still going to hold off on writing anything about the actual show portion of this episode until english subtitles are released. That being said the group name is X1. It's sweet and simple and basically sums up the premise of this season. Now onto the rankings. My current top 11 are: 1. Cho Seung Youn 2. Lee Han Gyul 3. Han Seung Woo 4. Keum Dong Hyun 5. Hwang Yun Seong 6. Kim Yo Han 7. Song Yu Vin 8. Song Hyung Jun 9. Son Dong Pyo 10. Nam Do Hyun 11. Lee Jin Hyuk I know I already changed my list from literally yesterday. I honestly happy with whatever the final ranking is as long as Cho Seung Youn and Han Seung Woo get in. If Lee Han Gyul get in, that's an extra bonus. I truly wish that all of the guys could debut in X1, which obviously is not going to happen. Anyway, onto the official rankings. 1. Kim Yo Han When they told us 1st place was down to Kim Woo Seok or Kim Yo Han, I was not surprised. I th...

Produce X 101- Second Elimination

Ok, episode 8, another elimination, but it was also mixed with the first part of the Concept Evaluation, which I will put in the Concept Evaluation post that combines all the Concept Evaluation parts. It was a nice distraction from the eliminations until they showed everyone crying having their last lessons, which honestly broke my heart because I don't want anyone to go home. For the entrances, my favorite was definitely Peak's. Other honorable mentions are Cho Seung Youn, Jeon Jae Han's and Woo Je Won's, and Park Sun Ho's. I was honestly a bit surprised by the rankings there were a some people that rose drastically like Lee Hyeop and some that dropped like Kim Min Kyu. I'm honestly so happy for those that rose up the ranks because they really deserve it, but it was really sad seeing some people's rank drop. The top 11 for this episode were: 1. Kim Woo Seok 2. Lee Jin Hyuk 3. Kim Yo Han 4. Song Hyung Jun 5. Koo Jung Mo 6. Lee Eun Sang 7. Nam Do Hy...

Produce X 101- Concept Evaluation

Ok, this is my favorite section. I love getting new songs and seeing everyone perform them. We're always fortunate enough to get gems like Never from Season 2 and No Way from the Unit. I love this. At the end of episode 5, they released brief teasers of each of the songs. From those teasers the one, I was most looking forward to was Monday to Sunday. That song is totally up my alley, and I couldn't wait to hear the full song and the choreography for it. When they showed clips of each of the songs Monday to Sunday still was my favorite but I also gained interest in U Got It and Move. I loved Cho Seung Youn with his stir fried spicy pork and his friendship with steamed rice Yo Han, but they ended up not in the same team. When they showed trainees entering practice rooms it was clear that Practice Room E was Pretty Girl with all the cute members. Super Special Girl by Kwon Deun Guk and Young Chance (Future Funk) I was so happy for Sung Yeon giving the opportunity to do main...